I’ve taken the Teachthought.com 30-day blogging challenge. I’m happy the prompt was a list today, though I chose only to write the first of five lists in the prompt.
Share five random facts about yourself.
1. I love porches (and big kitchens). When my husband and I were looking to purchase a house, he commented he should just buy me a kitchen with a porch. I agreed.
2. Cross-stitching was a hobby of mine for many years. I learned cross-stitching in high school and didn’t stop until my kids were about 1 and 3. I made many wall hangings for gifts, along with the ring bearer pillow for my own wedding and Christmas stockings with the nativity scene for our first Christmas together.
3. Visiting Hawaii is not on my bucket list. Okay, if you want to pay my way, I’ll go, but if I have to use my own budget, Hawaii doesn’t make the top half of my list.
4. I will probably be a gray-haired, coffee shop waitress when I retire from teaching. I loved waitressing and at one point in my late teens/early twenties, I thought about earning a degree is hospitality management.
5. My favorite time to walk is during winter snow flurries in the early evening. There are few, if any cars, but pure white innocence brightening the evening. The wind is white noise blocking the outside world from entering my private thoughts.